Streamlining the SharePoint Experience
From 2007 to 2009 we worked on a product concept called Kiiro, a streamlined project management application that used the SharePoint 2007 platform. Kiiro was unique for a number of reasons:
- It had customized front-end that simplified the SharePoint user experience
- It used SharePoint 2007 for everything--document management, data storage, security
- It incorporated social features like discussions and activity streams
- Kiiro streamlined the provisioning and management of SharePoint team sites, and it prevented SharePoint from "going viral" (a common problem in organizations that implement SharePoint)
- It supported customized lists and navigation, so an organization could adapt it to their own business needs
We released Kiiro as a downloadable product in 2009, and got excellent feedback from our customers. In early 2010 we decided to focus on our consulting business, and put Kiiro on the back-burner.
The main Kiiro dashboard summarized each users' projects and their status.
The "My Work" screen showed each user all of the tasks and issues assigned to them.
The activity feed was a social dashboard--it let you browse through all recent activity across all projects.