Please note: This position has now been filled.
We’re hiring a digital designer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a creative skill set and keen understanding of design aesthetics. If you’re interested and you meet the requirements, please get in touch–we’d love to talk with you!
- Collaborate with clients, analysts and other designers to identify the best solutions to a problem
- Create usable and visually compelling interfaces for web sites, digital applications, mobile and other systems
- Create clear and effective design documentation, such as user scenarios, personas and wireframes
- Create diagrams or illustrations to communicate complex ideas in a simple format
- Minimum four years experience working on digital solutions such as web sites, intranets, web applications, mobile applications or related products in a professional capacity
- Working knowledge of responsive web design and front end development best practices (HTML, CSS)
- Understanding of visual design systems and their creation
- General interest in User Experience processes and methods
- An up-to-date portfolio that shows your skills in interface/interaction design and includes examples of the artifacts you created while working toward a finished product (e.g. sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes)
- A curious mind and a questioning disposition
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle (or Visio), Microsoft Office, Sharpies and post-it notes
- A bit of Bootstrap, WordPress, or Foundation skill isn’t required, but sure couldn’t hurt
- Able to travel occasionally
- Able to produce amazing results within a project’s timeline and budget.
- Degree or diploma in visual communication, graphic design or a related field
What We Offer
- Mentorship from exceptional senior resources
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Paid holidays and personal time
- Favourable flex fund
- Professional development opportunities
- Work-life balance
- A supportive team that’s passionate about user experience
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.