We’re hiring a user experience designer to work out of our Edmonton office. The ideal candidate will have a creative skill set and keen understanding of human experience and behaviour. If you’re interested and you meet the requirements, please get in touch–we’d love to talk with you!
- Collaborate with clients, analysts and other designers to identify the best solutions to a problem
- Work with clients to understand and document their challenges, and develop solutions using iterative design techniques
- Create diagrams, illustrations and other documentation to communicate complex ideas in a simple format (i.e. wireframes, sketches, personas, user scenarios, interaction diagrams)
- Create usable and visually compelling interfaces for web sites, web applications, mobile apps and other systems
- Assist in the development of digital strategies
- Minimum four years’ experience as a user experience designer, visual designer or front-end developer working on digital solutions such as web sites, intranets, web applications, mobile applications or related products in a professional capacity
- Working knowledge of responsive web design and front end development best practices (HTML, CSS)
- An up-to-date portfolio that shows your skills in interface/interaction design and demonstrates your process for arriving at a solution (e.g. sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes)
- Understanding of user experience design processes and methods
- Experience in working from research and evaluating your design ideas
- An interest in working on complex design problems that cover web, mobile and sometimes physical experiences
- Comfort in conducting stakeholder and end user interviews, facilitating discussions and workshops, and consulting with clients to develop solutions.
- Understanding of visual design systems and their creation
- A curious mind and a questioning disposition
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Omnigraffle (or Visio), Microsoft Office, Sharpies and post-it notes
- A bit of Bootstrap or Foundation skill isn’t required, but sure couldn’t hurt
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Degree or diploma in visual design or a related field
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of project stakeholders to drive successful outcomes
What We Offer
We offer the chance to work on diverse, often complex, and always interesting problems. You will have the chance to shape design solutions from strategy to delivery.
- Mentorship from exceptional senior staff members
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Paid holidays and personal time
- Flex fund
- Professional development opportunities
- Work-life balance
- A supportive team that’s passionate about user experience
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls, please. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.